It’s worth it | ‘Sigma Theory’ Coming to Nintendo Switch and Mobile Next Week
Sigma theory lets players create their own intelligence agency, recruit elite spies, and bribe, seduce, and assassinate their way to world domination. How far will you go to control the future?
In single-player turn-based mode Sigma theory, the world is plunged into a new global cold war after the discovery of a revolutionary scientific discovery that will radically change the destiny of humanity. Players take charge of their own agency – staffing it with their best, brightest and most ruthless – to advance the nation of their choice in a deadly conflict that takes place in the shadows. Heavily inspired by real events; and shaped by the hands-on experience of the intelligence of the developers who previously created the award-winning The low, Sigma theory allows for a fascinating glimpse into the near future that’s closer to reality than many realize.
Not only elite agents, but advanced technology will also play an important role in Sigma theory. From fleets of drones to hacking, players will need to use every tool at their disposal to take down hostile agents and protect their own. Players will send their spies on various missions around the world: gather information, cooperate with armed groups, engage in high-level diplomacy, steal crucial technologies, recruit new scientists, or forcibly extract them if they refuse to go there of their own free will. A mix of tactical and strategic turn-based gameplay, Sigma theoryThe dynamic story will change based on player choices, allowing for multiple distinct endings.
It’s a cold war out there, a war in which humanity must face its future.
- A bold new take on the spy game genre, set during a future global Cold War
- Recruit your team from 50 unique spies and field agents
- Turn-based strategic and tactical gameplay
- Order your spies to conduct operations all over the world
- Experience tense and thrilling exfiltration missions where you guide your agents in a covert operation to extract high-value targets from foreign cities
- Infiltrate enemy Sigma programs, abducting, constricting and seducing scientists to your side
- Deploy your fleet of drones to transform operations in your favor
- Fool or cooperate with your rivals in diplomatic summits
- Use your diplomatic skills to balance the demands of multiple relationships: with your agents, with your superiors, with powerful private lobbies and with your counterparts around the world
- Discover 30 game-changing technologies
- Amass Sigma Theory discoveries for yourself to gain an advantage in the Cold War – or share them for the benefit of all humanity – or sell them to powerful private lobbies bent on preserving the old world order
- Experience a dynamic emergent narrative where every decision matters and the intricate web of character relationships means no Sigma Theory game will ever be the same
- Multiple distinct endings that respond to the player’s ethical and practical decisions throughout the game
Sigma theoryThe story of is written by a renowned French writer FiberTiger (the screenwriter and co-designer of The low) and the game’s soundtrack is composed of Siddhartha Barnhoorn (Antechamber, Stanley’s parable).
Currently available for PC (Steam), Sigma theory is coming to Android, iOS and Nintendo Switch on October 18, 2022.
More articles on Sigma Theory: Great Cold War